All writing and photos on this site are copyright of the author, unless other credit is given.

Monday, May 17, 2010

"Up in that room I decided I would write one story about each thing I knew about." - Ernest Hemingway on his writings in Paris


I have mentioned here previously that Sylvia Beach is my muse. However, Hemingway is my driver. His quote above is what I am doing. Writing story after story about everything I know. It's good writer's work and is providing structure in my efforts, but also a kind of cleansing. I guess this coincides well with the last Hemingway quote I posted here: I am sitting at the computer and bleeding (my niece Christina pointed out the dated term of using a typewriter in Hemingway's days).

So I'm cleansing and writing and bleeding.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael B,
    Love the quotes (and cleanse, write & bleed)! Seems like you are making good writing progress. I think typewriters are inspiring though somewhat nostalgic now. (I learned to type in high school on an IBM selectric!)

    Thanks for the comment. I'm very much looking forward to a little road trip get-away. That ought to provide some fresh material.

    ReplyDelete